Welcome to the LD@School online learning module for educators. This learning module has been created to provide course materials in a logical, sequential, order, guiding users through the content and assessments in the order specified. This online learning module takes 45 - 60 minutes to complete. The module is unable to keep track of your progress, so it must be completed in one sitting.
Each learning module provides:
- information about the given topic;
- learning activities to help apply the topic to practice and test your knowledge;
- reflective questions that can be answered on your own and explored and discussed with colleagues, mentors, or coaches;
- resources on related topics covered in the learning module; and
- a confidential summary report of your quiz results and other findings.
Upon beginning the learning module, you will be asked to complete a short, multiple-choice test to assess your prior knowledge of the subject matter. You will then be prompted to move through the resource sections (listed in the menu on the left), each of which includes a brief reading exercise. Upon completing the resource sections, you will be asked to complete a second, multiple-choice test to assess your learning.
This online module is intended to provide an overview of the Concrete – Representational – Abstract (CRA) instructional strategy for mathematics, as well as providing practical classroom applications of this strategy to help you bring CRA to life in your own math teaching practice.
At the end of the learning module, you will find links to related resources on the LD@school website to help you take your learning further.
Upon completion, it is our hope that you will use what you learn here in your everyday and working life.